As such, this role requires a software project manager with exceptional communication, coordination, and organization skills. Projects are typically shorterterm, less complex and more contained with a defined time frame focused on support of startups passing through acceleration programs.
Occasional international travel as needed
- Coordinate and develop a database of engineers and tech teams, their skills, availability and product fit.
- Create, manage and track project vehicles, including, but not limited to:
- Project schedules
- Detailed project plans
- Project scope statements
- Cost estimates
- Resource plans
- Risk and issues logs
- Status reports
- Tailor project management, development and support processes to meet the needs of individual (new and/or ongoing) projects.
- Ensure progress against established plan and makes determinations based on analysis of business information to alter or update schedule and resource allocation to meet product requirements and development schedule.
- Make decisions and communicate tradeoffs and risks; drive key decisions across projects
- Make recommendations to management about schedules, prioritization and resource allocation
- Ensure adherence to budgets and established product roadmaps and schedules.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business Management, Engineering, Computer Sciences, or equivalent 2+ years of experience of technical project management experience overseeing software development PMP/PMI certification preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
- Experience with using project and program planning tools and software packages to create, manage, and track project results (such as JIRA, TestRail, Pivotal, Redmine, etc.).
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Highly organized with strong multiproject planning, management, and tracking skills.
- Service oriented attitude, with strong management, analytical, problemsolving, and conceptual skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and Russian language.