The Digital Freedom Festival is a global technology, startup, policy and lifestyle festival, gathering 1300 new technology and startup entrepreneurs, experts, policy makers, investors, journalists and speakers from all over the world in Riga from the 27th to the 28th of November. We encourage discussion amongst all stakeholders on how technologies can truly “make the world a better place”, and to bring the benefits of the digital revolution to every member of society.
The Digital Freedom Festival is a multi-event platform where the geeks of the digital era meet with policymakers to solve problems caused by the clash of the digital and analogue worlds. Investors and technology evangelists connect with young, bright minds of the start-up scene, and consumers discuss the impact of technology on our lifestyles. The DFF stands for new digital liberties and against digital discrimination. It encourages discussion amongst all stakeholders to genuinely “make the world a better place”, and to bring the benefits of the digital revolution to every member of society.
The main topics for the Digital Freedom Festival 2017 will be smart cities, cybersecurity, artificial intelligence, green tech, fintech and digital detox.
- Pitch Competitions – With 500 Startups, the largest business accelerator in the world, the winner will get a fast track to their Silicon Valley acceleration program. Rockstart will accelerate your Artificial Intelligence (AI) startup and prepare it for the global playing field, giving you the chance to get to the final selection round of Europe’s first AI accelerator. With LATBAN the top 10 startups will have an opportunity to present their business ideas to Latvian and international business angels for the first time.
- Startup Expo – On November 27th and 28th companies will have a chance to present their innovations at the Startup Expo.
- Workshops – On November 27th all Startup, Investor and Conference Pass holders will have a chance to learn how to XXX and meet like-minded people.
- Speed-dating with Investors – during the DFF startups will have a chance to meet face-to-face and present their startups to investors.
- Speed-dating with Corporates
Experienced International Advisory Board
The conference has an Advisory Board consisting of various international experts from all over the world: Partner of the world’s biggest accelerator 500 Startups Sean Percival (USA), cybersecurity policy expert Ieva Ilves (Latvia), technology media Tech.eu Co-Founder and Editor Alejandro Barrera (Spain), the Executive Director of the biggest technology conference Pioneers.io Tim Röhrich (Austria), the Director of the technology event Challengers Kayvan Nikjou (Spain), TED talks Ambassador Sartaj Singh Anand (India), the Founder of RiseUp Summit Abdelhameed Sharara (Egypt), and the Director of the global event Pirate Summit Till Ohrmann.
The Digital Freedom Festival is organised by an experienced team: founder of Latvian startup success story infogr.am Uldis Leiterts, international communications professional Dagnija Lejina and experienced media expert Juris Sleiers.
Last year together with their colleagues, this team organized the biggest startup conference to date in Latvia – the Digital Freedom Festival 2016 gathered over a thousand participants – it was attended by investors, executives, startups, media and students from 25 different countries from around the world, including a combined investment portfolio of about 500 million US dollars.
Conference Supporters: Strategic Partner – Lattelecom, Official Bank – Norvik Banka, Pitch Competition Partner – 500 Startups, European Commission, Ministry of Economics of Latvia, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Latvia, airBaltic, PINS, Latvia 100 Office, Association of Latvian Commercial Banks, Latvian Business Angel Network (LatBAN), Rockstart Accelerator, Latvian Startup Association, SAMSUNG, NATO StratCOM, Embassy of Israel to Latvia, U.S. Embassy Riga, Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Latvia, Slush, Mailigen, Printful, Coffee Pixels, S/B PRO Startup Studio, LETA, Diena, CoFounder and others.
Two-day festival tickets are available for purchase at www.digitalfreedomfestival.com.
Community and EduHub Lead